Sunday, March 29, 2015

Mailing Address

Alrighty so many people have been asking me about mail service here. I receive mail only about once a transfer (six weeks). Its just when the zone leaders go to the mission home or for a special event where we will be seeing our mission president. So about half way through the transfer, the zone leaders will go to the mission home. So that will be in about 4 weeks. As far as Christmas goes... I really have no idea when I´ll be able to receive packages. The next transfer ends a week before Christmas but I´m sure the mission president will try to get all the packages out to missionaries so they can have them for christmas. But I would reccommend getting any package you want to send out soon because it takes a good month to get here depending on the service you use. One Elder´s mom uses missionary mail or something like that and he always seems to get his packages really fast. If you need some ideas of what to send here´s some :)

-Snacks and treats! I really, REALLY miss Reese´s and other common candies. So far Ive only seen snickers, twix, M&Ms, and hersheys here and it´s expensive. They have Peanut butter here too but it tastes weird. You can only get good peanut butter in the capitol. I would love any type of snack food like granola bars, nuts, and other typical american snacks. I need to eat more protein but its really hard here since we have to be really careful about the meat and nuts and other things are expenisive. 
Also, I have never seen any sour candy here. I love sour patch and gummy worms ;)

-Music! I brought some cds but i would adore more. Every house has a portable dvd player that also has a USB port so a USB drive with music would be a wonderful gift. My mission president is pretty chill so as far as I know, we´re allowed to listen to any music that is uplifting and encouraging. So not only church musice but good songs, instrumental, etc. 

I can´t think of anything else.... anything I recieve will be greatly appreciated. I love you all!

Address:

Hermana  Megan Dibble
Dominican Republic Santo Domingo West Mission
C/ Hatuey # 73
Urb. Los Cacicazgos
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment