Sunday, March 29, 2015

2.23.15

Hiiiiiii!!!

Wow, It has been awhile. Im so sorry! I am really terrible at writing group letters but I want to work on that because I know ya´ll want to hear from me more often :) 

Where to start? 

I think I have finally adjusted to city life and finally starting to really love it. its super different but the people are great. And I absolutely love the ward where I´m serving. The members are so wonderful with us. They feed us every Sunday and the food is divine. They are starting to take a more avtive role in the missionary work by coming out with us and helping us with ¨Cosechas¨ These are cool because the members come with us to visit less-actives in the ward. Sometimes my comp and I get to seperate with the sisters so we can visit more people. Its a lot of fun. Speaking of less-active work, that´s what we´re really focusing on in this area. They are a ton of them. We have some investigators but not a ton because its harder here in this area, so we visit a lot of less actives. Less-active work is tough because they´re already members and they know what they need to be doing or some of them just forget. But I always keep in mind that you never know when someone is going to be ready to repent- that is why it is so important to keep loving them and helping them.

This last week we had a Zone conference with our President and it was so good! We have theme for the mission each month and this months theme is ¨Committments and Convenants¨. So naturally, thats what the President talked about in the Conference. I liked what he said a lot about how making a promise or committment is the same as repenting. As missionaries, when we invite someone to do something, we are asking them to repent and to change. Also, it is very interesting to think about the differences between a Committment and a Convenant.
-A committment is a temporary or short lasting promise whereas a covenant is for forever
-Committments help prepare us to make covenants
-Covenants bring us eternal blessings and happiness if we keep them

those are just a few of the differences, can you think of more? :)

Committments are so important in missionary work because we help people keep little committments along the way to help them be ready to make the covenant of baptism and later on, covenants in the temple and so on and so forth. Also, committments help us strengthen our faith in Christ. So what are some committments you make to yourself and in the Lord this week to help strengthen your faith? Read your scriptures every night? Strive to have more sincere prayers? Look for an opportunity each day to serve someone else? 

By the way, I am officially 6 months now! I have less than a year left! How crazy is that? Time flies so fast! I still can´t believe its been 6 months since I came to this crazy, but beautiful country. 

In other news, i live in the only house in the mission with six girls in it. usually this house has the most drama (more girls crammed into one place) and yes there is still girl drama on missions... but its actually great so far! There´s four Americans and two Latinas. We have a lot of fun and laugh a lot. 

Que mas... The transfer ends in two weeks and its pretty much for sure that my compa will be transferred. sad day... She is super sweet :) 

Well, I out of news.. i cant think of anything more... Oh! For Valentine´s Day, we did a little ¨gift¨exchange in the house, like a secret santa. That was fun. and we made a big dinner with Steak! it was delicious :) This upcoming week is The DR´s Independence Day and Carnival. It´s going to be crazy! i´ll let you know how it goes :) 

Well... i love you all so much! Sorry i have been a slacker on group emails! Know I am doing well and working hard! My Spanish is a lot better now, but i still have a lot to learn :) little by little, step by step...

make it a wonderful week!

Adios! Hasta pronto!

mucho amor,

tu hermana en la republica dominicana
(Hna Dibble)

P.S. Word on the street is that ELDER HOLLAND is coming here to speak to us!

The hermanas in the house (my compa is in purple)

My ¨mission mom¨ and ¨mission sister¨ (my trainer and the hermana she is training right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment